Configure Trackers with SteamVR
Make sure your trackers are charged and have connected with SteamVR (their lights will glow green).
Go to the SteamVR status window and select Devices > Manage Vive Trackers from the menu (top left).
Identify each tracker in turn and select the appropriate Tracker Role: left and right feet and waist.
Fit the trackers
You can attach trackers to the top of your feet or to your ankles: we often find ankles work best.
The waist tracker can face forwards or backwards depending on what you want to perform: remember the tracker needs to be visible to the base stations.
It is easy to capture performance in FirstStage: the process is mostly the same as capturing performance with just headset and controllers.
- Create a character and place it on set.
- Point at the character with the Navigator tool (default left hand) and pull the trigger to Perform.
- Inside the Mocap Setup Room you can check that the trackers are working correctly.
- It is not uncommon to have the feet on the wrong way round: if so, press the Swap Feet button on the left hand panel.
- You can adjust the position of the trackers relative to your feet and waist by pointing at and grabbing the tracker.
- Once you are setup, press the green tick to start.